Despite online shopping still being a relatively new phenomenon in Pakistan, the industry is on the rise as more and more online shopping stores prop up.
Complementary industries such as delivery services, website assessors, and price comparison engines are also becoming the norm.
PriceBlaze.pk, Pakistan’s premier and most accessed comparison shopping engine, enjoys the biggest market share compared with its competitors, but instead of resting on its laurels, it continues in its efforts to provide exceptional service. The latest initiative has been a complete overhaul of their website.
Firstly, through back-end programming, they have increased the speed at which the websites’ various icons and images can be accessed, making it easier for the user to navigate the site. It makes the whole experience worthwhile. This gives the user an incentive to return to the website again and again.
Furthermore, the solution to security concerns is to encrypt all incoming and outgoing data for transmission. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) was created for this very purpose. SSL uses a complex system of key exchanges between user’s browser and the server so that user’s communication is encrypted before data is transmitted across the web. A web page with an active SSL session is what we mean when we say a web page is “secure.”
Other Indicators of a Secured Web Page include providing a “site seal” to the owners of these websites. Common characteristics of these site seals include:
- High Visibility – PrizeBlaze wants you to view these site seals so that you know it is a safe shopping ride. Hence, the site seal is generally located where the customer can see it easily.
- Hard to Duplicate – The site seals are designed in such a manner that thieves and scammers cannot get through them. Thus, they frequently have a date and time on them.
- Verification Functionality – The site seal has some functionality: by clicking on the seal or hovering the mouse over the seal, detailed information about the website should come up.
These site seals should not necessarily be trusted on their own, but should serve as a reminder to “investigate further”:
- Check for that “https” in the prefix of the webpage address.
- Click on that “lock icon” in the status bar of your browser.
If everything looks good, as in the case of PriceBlaze.pk, the website has provided you with a safe means of communicating your sensitive information. The web page is “secure,” and you can now enjoy happy and safe browsing!
Also, by running media talks (on morning talk shows, public forums, etc.) and ads (digital media including text and online marketing, etc.), sellers can promote their work. This is the route that PriceBlaze.pk has taken, making it a well-established brand in the shopping industry, especially since it has a variety of products to promote, from clothes to electronics, jewelry and shoes, and everything else that you would want to look for online.