Apple released the latest iPhone series, the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X in a stunning event on Sep 12. These Newly Launched Smartphones are no doubt great and they include some pretty slick features that will keep the users attuned to them throughout the next year until a new flagship smartphone emerges.
But in Pakistan, most of us are having a low budget and high hopes, so, will buying an iPhone X will be the right choice, or should we try something Android such as Samsung S8 Plus or One Plus 5. Let’s find out.
We compared all three top flagships from the most reputed companies in the world. Hopefully, this will allow you to make a decent choice for your next smartphone upgrade.
Comparison b/w iPhone X vs Galaxy S8 vs One Plus 5
|Specifications||Apple iPhone X||Samsung Galaxy S8||One Plus 5|
|Chipset||A11 Bionic||Exynos 8895 Octa / Snapdragon 835||1.9GHz octa-core – Qualcomm Snapdragon 835|
|Screen||5.8 inches, 1125 x 2436 pixels||5.8 inches, 1440 x 2960 pixels||5.50 inches, 1080×1920 pixels|
|RAM||3 GB||4 GB||6 GB|
|Internal Storage||64/256 GB||64 GB||64GB|
|OS||iOS 11||Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)||Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)|
|Main Camera||Dual 12 MP, f/1.8 & f/2.4||12 MP, f/1.7||20-megapixel f/2.6|
|Front Camera||7 MP||8 MP, f/1.7||16-megapixel f/1.7|
|Battery||Unknown||3000 mAh||3300 mAh|
When to buy an iPhone X?
Look, you may want to get your hands on that rupee 100,000 device but just hold your horses because that isn’t for you if you are just needing a phone for calls, playing games and taking pictures.
- iPhone X comes with a powerful processor that will be helpful to you if you run AR related apps
- If you are using a single device for doing multiple works, such as writing a document, editing photos and playing 3D games that require tons of gpu processing. The A11 possesses three GPU cores to take care of the visual processing. According to Apple, it is 30 percent faster than previous version.
- It has Face ID feature for smartphone security, pictures, and video emojis
- It only supports wireless charging. But believe me, it is almost the same as a wired charger because you will still need a wireless pad to place your phone, and it is slower than wired charging. More on wireless charging.
- If you are a brand conscious user who only buys Apple phones, then go for it.
When to buy Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus?
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is a little older to be compared with iPhone X, but to be honest, Samsung hasn’t released any better version than this one until now. And, we may have to wait a few months to get a peek of Samsung Galaxy S9 smartphone. One thing to note about Samsung Galaxy S8 is that its interface and graphics are still the best in android smartphones because of the Samsung’s OLED display.
You should buy Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus if:
- You are an Android user and love to run battery draining apps
- You are happy with the non-expandable storage in smartphones
- You are more focused on the visual aesthetics than the performance part of the smartphone
If you are find with the above conditions, then go for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
When to buy One Plus 5 Smartphone?
One Plus released its flagship smartphone in June 2017. The smartphone features rich graphics, a great design, an excellent performance, and a decent battery life.
It was one of the first smartphones released with the 6GB RAM.
You should buy One Plus 5 if:
- You are into professional photography because the extreme camera sensor is pretty good with pictures
- You play high-quality games from Google Play and don’t want even a tiny bit lag in-between apps
- You consider high-quality selfies as a feature while buying smartphones
Conclusion: iPhone X vs Samsung S8 Plus vs One Plus 5
All smartphones, iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and One Plus 5 are great and will let you take amazing quality pictures, provide stunning performance and will do most of your work. Therefore, in the end, it all comes to the brand you like.
Going Apple will be like spending 300$ or 30,000 rupees more on a smartphone for almost the same functions available in other phones.